Pimple is a very common problem among teenagers but anyone can suffer from it. Pimple occurs when tiny pores on the surface of the skin become clogged. The pores can become plugged by the mixture of natural oils of skin and dead cells shed from inside of the pores.
Pimple breakout is generally triggered by –
- UV rays/Sunlight
- Dust and Pollution
- Use of oily skin and hair care products
- Excessive sweating
- Humid weather
- Error in skin care routine
- Bad Food habit
Care for Pimple Prone Skin:
- UV rays and sunlight stimulate inflammation and increase the tendency of pimple formation. So a sunblock having a high sun protection factor (SPF) is the basic means to take care of pimple prone skin.
- Daily skin care-
- Wash your face twice or thrice a day after coming from outside/ exercise.Avoid scrubbing or repeated skin washing.
- Clean your face gently with a mild, non drying soap.
- Shampoo your hair daily, if it’s oily.
- Tie your hair to keep the hair out of your face.
- Avoid wearing tight headbands or tight scarf.
- Avoid oil based greasy cosmetics or creams.
- Do not leave makeup overnight.
- Take plenty of water and fiber rich food to maintain healthy bowel movement.
- Do not aggressively squeeze,scratch,pick or rub pimples. They can lead to skin infections as well as scarring and delayed healing.
- Avoid touching your face unnecessarily.
When to see a doctor?
- When your pimples are very bad – redness around the pimple, cyst
- Developing scars when pimples clear up
- When pimple causes emotional stress
Following these basic skin care guideline will help you to tackle your pimples without having to see a doctor. Try to incorporate these rules in your lifestyle to enjoy pimple free skin!
Dr.A.H.M. Arifun Nahar
BRB Hospitals Ltd
To get expert’s advice, download Maya android app from this link: https://bit.ly/2VVSeZa