Exercise guidelines for adults
In case of 19 to 64 year-old adults, how much exercise is needed to maintain health? To maintain or improve the health of healthy adults each week you will need to exercise two types: aerobic (aerobic) exercise and muscle strengthening. And how much do you need to exercise a week, depending on your age.
Guidelines for 19 to 64 years old
To maintain good health, people should try to stay active every day-
- Every week, at least 150 minutes (two hours 30 minutes), moderate aerobic exercise, such as Cycling or brisk walking. Two or more days a week muscle-strengthening exercises in order to exercise the major muscles of the body (legs, hips, back, abdomen, chest, shoulders and hand) are included in this exercise.
- Every week 75 minutes (1 hour 15 minutes) severe levels of exercise, such as running and tennis or badminton. Should do two or more days a week of muscle exercises and the muscles of the body in order to be done in this area (legs, hips, back, abdomen, chest, shoulders and arms) while exercising.
- Medium and hard levels of aerobic exercise per week, equivalent to blend some of the exercises, for example, 30 minutes running and walking. Two or more days a week muscles exercises to be done in this regard, and the muscles of the body (legs, hips, back, abdomen, chest, shoulders and arms) is used while exercising.
In fact, 1 minute of moderate exercise and two minutes of strict level exercise result is the same.
As a way to exercise 150 minutes a week is to exercise 5 days a week, 30 minutes a day. Adults who work for a long time while sitting, should walk for a couple of minutes. Cause it not matters how much time you exercised, sitting for a long time is very risky for your health.
Which are moderate aerobic exercises?
- Running fast
- Cycling on rugged places
- Pulling Grass cutting machine
Moderate exercises will increase your heart rate, your breathing will be fast and your body temperature will raise. As an example, you can talk while doing moderate exercises but you can not sing in tune.
What are severe levels of aerobic exercise?
Many research findings show that severe levels of aerobic exercises are more effective than moderate levels of aerobic exercises.
Severe levels of aerobic exercises are:
- Swimming fast
- Cycling fast
- Singles Tennis
- Martial Arts
By doing these exercises your breathing will be fast and your heartbeat will raise. And on that situation you can’t even talk a few words without breathing. Doing 75 minutes of severe aerobics exercises are better from doing 150 minutes of moderate levels of aerobic exercises
What are the muscle strengthening exercises?
Muscle strengthening exercises are calculated as a set. Completing a set means finishing the exercise once. For example, once the weight-lifting or sit-up. Try to repeat all types of exercises from 8 to 12 sets. And try to do all muscle exercises at least for once. And if you complete the whole for 2 to 3 sets it will help you more. If you want to have advantages from muscle exercises then you have to repeat it untill you carry on these exercises. For strengthening your muscles there are many ways and you can do them in your home or in the Gym.
Muscle exercises appropriate for most people are:
- Weight lifting Exercise with resisting bands
- Exercises using body weight, like – push-ups, sit-ups
- Working in gardens like – digging soil
You can do aerobics and muscle strengthening exercises on the same day or different days. But such exercises are not complementary to other forms of exercise, so separate types of exercises should be done separate. 75 minutes of strict aerobic exercises will equally be beneficent to aerobics and muscle strengthening exercises. Those exercises are: Circuit Training and some sports like – football, cricket or hockey.
To get expert’s advice, download Maya android app from this link: https://bit.ly/2VVSeZa