Questions You might be asked
The doctor might ask about:
- the date of the first day of your last period, to help work out when the baby is due (you can also use the due date calculator).
- your health.
- any previous illnesses and operations.
- any previous pregnancies and miscarriages.
- your and your partner’s ethnic origins, to find out whether your baby is at risk of certain inherited conditions, or other relevant factors, such as whether your family has a history of twins.
- your job or your partner’s job, and in what kind of accommodation you live to see whether your circumstances might affect your pregnancy.
- how you’re feeling and whether you’ve been feeling depressed.
Your booking appointment is an opportunity to tell your doctor if you’re in a vulnerable situation or if you need extra support.